An ode to Class X-D

Monday, March 20, 2006

Decoding happiness

If there is poetry in sadness, why do we choose to be happy? Why do we choose to munch potato chips in front of the television? Is there no poetry in our lives. But of course there is. What is happiness? A state of mind? A relativity? An indefinable , intangible emotion? I read somewhere, its ‘something to do, someone to love and something to hope for.’ We have so much to do, so many people we love and so many things to hope for. Yet, we are not happy. Atleast not always. We have good days and bad days. It just takes one look, one word, one act, one moment to wrench happiness away no matter how convincingly we portray our self made persons. Is my good fortune, someone else’s misfortune or my plight someone else’s triumph. Much as I don’t like to write this, I must-it is or how would the balance be made. OK, so the balance is a bit precarious. I am neither in a vindictive mood nor do I have enemies. Happiness mind you is totally different from sadistic pleasure. Happiness is possible in the holistic entirety of a community-sadistic pleasure is not.
I might sound like I am six but ……………………whatever. I like listening to music. I like reading. I like reading Alice in the wonderland. It gives me happiness. It takes me away to a different world. I transcend. I feel joy. Happiness is little things and big things. Happiness is contagious. Lets start an epidemic.

Ps:I deliberately chose not to write about the boards. They are not the make do or make end of our lives.
I saw rang de basanti for the second time-love the part when they decide to kill the defense minister.
I will start no pretty pictures tonight. Its been a really long time since I read it last.
:: posted by Aarushi, Monday, March 20, 2006

0 Comments:

Add a comment