An ode to Class X-D

Thursday, March 30, 2006

no ke sera sera

‘Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.’ This line has been etched in my heart ever since I read it. I draw purpose from its portentousness. It leads me to dogged perseverance. It gives me focus-to initiate and to perpetuate and not to wait. Such is the exhilaration of these words. It reminds of a hindi poem we did in 8th. I don’t remember the title but this quotation and that poem are allegorically the same. I say allegorically and not categorically because if I know something is right, I want to do it. If I don’t want to do something, it’s not right but if it’s right and I don’t want to do it, then I don’t know what right is. Then I become a dead fish swimming with the stream. Amitav Ghosh writes in ‘the glass palace’, ‘what a man takes for himself, no one can deny him.’ I couldn’t agree more.
:: posted by Aarushi, Thursday, March 30, 2006

0 Comments:

Add a comment