An ode to Class X-D

Monday, April 17, 2006

Adversity and Genius

Shakespeare said,’ Adversity maketh the man.’ Which adversity was he talking about? Adversity-the stigma, adversity-the realization, adversity-the impetus or adversity-the hope? Is genius ‘inspite of’ or because of’ adversity? Hope, joy, pain, love, faith, suffering and adversity-are they just words? They are verbal descriptions of the multifarious emotions of humanity. Adversity is a very repulsive word. It reminds me of ‘terrible fish.’ it is a word which screams self-righteousness. A word which tries to put things in perspective in vain. A word which shames you. A word which shames me because we haven’t felt it. Adversity has not doctored our dreams unlike those of our ancestors. We know neither the zenith nor the nadir. How happy is happy enough? How sad, sad enough? How ignorant, unfeeling enough? How big, big enough? I am not a genius. I don’t know. I hope I never do. I have the gumption to say that even though adversity is a great teacher, I would prefer to not be taught. I would prefer to anchor my ship on my own-in storm and in sunshine with a pristine mind which doesn’t know defeat. Joy is the springtime orange flowers in naraina. Joy is the taste of chocolate. Gloom would be the voice of backstreet boys. Maybe, we’re just small people in a big world. Let’s discover it. La la la………
:: posted by Aarushi, Monday, April 17, 2006

4 Comments:

do you write this all by yourself? or are these copied from the net...i mean how can sum1 write all this just out of their minds??
Blogger Abhinav Rastogi, at Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:31:00 PM  
i write them myself.ppl who write on the net are ppl like us n its pretty easy to write.
Blogger Aarushi, at Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:38:00 PM  
good now here's your cookie :)
Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:53:00 PM  
its my turn now to not understand what u r trying 2 say.lol
Blogger Aarushi, at Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:24:00 PM  

Add a comment